Food Grade Bulk Bags from Centurion Packaging can be used in a number of facilities which include food manufacturing and food processing plants.
Woven polypropylene sacks are a great choice for transporting and storing food and food-related products.
For our latest post, we are going to look at five reasons why bulk bags can be successful for commercial food companies.
5 Reasons to Choose Food Grade Bulk Bags
1. Manufactured from FDA Approved Materials - FIBC's are made from 100% virgin polypropylene resin which meets FDA standards regarding food-grade materials. It is crucial that they are manufactured with 100% virgin resin as this ensures there are no recycled materials used in the bags as this could contaminate food once in the bag.
2. Safe for Food Contact - If you are sourcing food grade bags from a trusted supplier such as Centurion Packaging, ensure they meet food contact standards. All of our bulk bags carry the BRC certification which ensures they were manufactured in a clean room and are safe for food contact.
3. Cost-Effective Solution - Versatility and cost-effectiveness make FIBCs the best bulk packaging option. Bulk containers have the capacity to hold up to 4000 pounds plus they can be safely handled by numerous vehicles such as forklifts, cranes and hoists.
Unused flexible intermediate bulk containers can also be folded into a compact size which makes them easy to store, saving you valuable warehouse space.
4. Reusable and Recyclable - Food grade containers made from 100% virgin polypropylene resin means they can be recycled with some bags specifically designed for repeat use. Bags with a 6:1 safety factor ratio can be used more than once as they use a 'Closed Loop' system with the bag cleaned, reconditioned and qualified for reuse.
5. A Number of Design Options - Bulk containers are very versatile offering a number of filling and discharging options, bag bottom options plus a wide range of cubic food capacities and safe working loads. They also have the capacity to carry almost any bulk material and Centurion Packaging can custom design your bags for a specific product/material and application.