Bulk Bags and FIBC's available from the UK's leading packaging supplier
We provide our customers with expert advice on all styles, designs and options of bulk bags.
Centurion packaging have many years experience in the packaging industry we understand your packaging needs. You’ll find all the information you need on our website to help you decide upon exactly the right packaging for your product requirements. Packaging is our business, we understand it. If you can’t find your perfect packaging, we’ll create a custom design especially for your requirements. Just let our friendly expert team advise you on how best to find the right packaging for your products.
Bulk bag packaging is required for many different free flowing materials. In order to contain such materials correctly, bulk bags need to be well constructed for their purpose and strong. They also need to be practical to lift and move and able to withstand movement whilst filled without compromising the contents they hold. So it really is vital that you obtain the correct type of bulk packaging bags for the correct materials you need to transport. In order to do so, you need to consider the following:
What to know about bulk bag packaging
- Consider the type of item you are packaging.
- Do you require a way of discharging the item.
- Will electrostatic discharge damage your product when it is being filled or discharged.
- What is the weight and volume of the product that you need to transport.
- What is the type of filling and the discharge mechanism required for the product being transported.
- How does the material behave when it flows.
- Will the bulk bag require multiple handlings.
- How do you intend for the bag to be lifted?
- Does the bulk bag require an inner coated lining in order to prevent seepage or prevent product from getting damp.
- Is the product you are carrying liable to sift through the edges of the bag requiring the bag to be sift proofed at the seams.
- Is the product classified as dangerous or hazardous.
- Is the product a foodstuff.
- Will the bag be for single trip use. For a multi-trip use a safety factor of 6:1 indicates that the bag is strong enough to be emptied and refilled multiple times.
It’s also important to look at the safe working loads that a bag can carry for example 1000 kg.
There are several types of bulk packaging bags and they can be made for vastly different purposes. For example, bulk bags may need to carry between 50 and 2000kg of weight. As a result, the greater the weight of the product, the stronger the fabric grade must be to withstand that weight and also any movement which the bulk bag may be subjected to when it is transported and lifted.
Bags are tested to ensre that they can carry 1000 times their own weight or a safe working load. Made primarily from polypropylene, a very strong material, this high strength thermoplastic is both strong and flexible, perfect for transporting heavy loose material. All bags have a test and certificate number along with date of testing and date of manufacture plus batch number so you have peace of mind that the bag is genuine and safe.
All this information demonstrates the bag is tested to perform to a safety standard as well as providing full manufacture traceability about the production of the bulk bag. Extruded in tubular format, these polypropylene threads are then woven into strong robust fabric which are certified to carry heavy loads of loose materials.
Centurion packaging manufacture and supply FIBC 1 tonne bags which are just perfect for builders materials, bulk log and firewood, garden waste or aggregate as they’re durable and high strength. Exceptional quality, these heavy-duty bags represent excellent value for money and come in plain white with 90x90x90 dimensions. Their open top flat base ensures easy fill and extraction of materials as well as stability and strength. Based in Cheshire, Centurion packaging provide free mainland UK delivery.
All you have to do is consider your needs and decide what kind of bulk bag packaging your product requires. If you can’t decide, let our friendly experts at Centurion packaging advise you on what best suits your needs in terms of style, design and options. Call or email us today and we’ll guarantee you pick the best bulk packaging bag.